2014: Statistics for Community Trademarks
The „TM5“ just published a Statistics about the development of Community Trademarks in 2014.
Below you can see that 117.451 Community Trademark (CTM) Applications were received by OHIM in 2014. As you can see, the E-Filling is meanwhile the most popular application form since its introduction in 2005.
After examination, if the application is accepted it will go for publication. In 2014, 109.464 applications were published. Within the time of three month after publication a notice of opposition may be filled. This possibility was used 15,737 times last year. 103.782 trademarks were registered in 2014 after the period of publication because no opposition was filed or the opposition was not successful. After registration, a CTM can only get removed via a nullity cancelation procedure. 613 CTMs were cancelled and surrendered in 2014. If the CTM is not cancelled it is valid for ten years. After that time it has to be renewed. In 2014, 28.190 CMT renewal were reveived at OHIM.
For more detailed information and other statistics please see:
- "Neuschwanstein" is not a trademark!
- 14 June 2013: Munich Patent Law Conference - Calculating Damages in Patent Infringement Cases
- 15 Top Brands - Interactive Brand Rating - Years 2000 - 2018
- 2014: Statistics for Community Trademarks
- 27 June 2014: Munich Patent Law Conference – Burden of Pleading and Proof in Patent Infringement Cases
- 3D-Trademark Protection for layout of Apple Stores
- 40th Anniversary of the European Patent Convention (EPC)
- A backpack shape as a 3D trademark – a BoA decision of the EUIPO
- A case of „Bounty“ hunting in Germany
- A new report on the economic impact of counterfeit trade published by OECD and EUIPO