IP Paralegal and TMA Roundtable and Workshop in Munich on 13 March 2014 organized by INTA / Munich Bar Association
INTA in cooperation with the Munich Bar Association (Rechtsanwaltskammer München) will hold Munich’s 2nd Roundtable designed specifically for Paralegals and Trademark Administrators under the title:
DATE: Thursday, March 13, 2014
TIME: 2:00 pm – 6:00 pm
LOCATION: Munich Bar Association (Rechtsanwaltskammer München)
80331 Munich – GERMANY
The Roundtable will be held in German and has been developed specifically for:
- Paralegals (Patentanwaltsfachangestellte/r, Rechtsanwaltsfachangestellte/r, Markensachbearbeiter/in)
- Trademark Administrators (TMAs)
Paralegals around the globe tend to have vastly different responsibilities. Reduce the gap by joining several in-house and outside practitioners as they discuss the following topics:
- Hot Topics: IP, trademark and domain name issues.
- Update from the German Patent and Trademark Office (GPTO).
- Discussing and comparing the roles of in-house and law firm paralegals.
- Tips to enhance your career, including continued legal education possibilities for paralegals.
Alexandra Dellmeier, LexDellmeier IP Law Firm (Germany)
Angela Mamuzić, BMW AG (Germany)
Yvonne Bender, LBP Karlsruhe (Germany) Tess Gamon, BMW AG (Germany) Maximilian Kinkeldey, Grunecker (Germany) N.N., Examiner Trademarks at the GPTO / DPMA, Munich (Germany), Nicolás Schmitz, Grunecker (Germany) Vladislav Vyshnevetskyy, Freelance Paralegal (Germany)
Registration and Information There is a 40€ Euro registration fee for this roundtable/workshop.
Please note that registration is online ONLY via the Munich Bar Association.
Scroll to event on 3/13/2014, Gewerblicher Rechtsschutz und IT-Recht and register online. The Munich Bar Association will send you an invoice as there is a 40€ Euro registration fee for this roundtable/workshop.
Registration Deadline Please register by Wednesday, February 26, 2014.
Capacity Attendance will be limited to the first 100 participants.
2:00 pm–2:05 pm Welcome
Welcoming: Frank Remmertz, Munich Bar Association (Germany) Alexander Siegmund, Munich Bar Association (Germany)
2:05 pm–2:15 pm Introduction of Speakers and Topics
2:15 pm–3:15 pm Liability of Internet Platform Providers in the case of Trademark Infringements and Current Developments in Trademark Law and the new gTLDs
Speakers: Maximilian Kinkeldey, Grunecker (Germany)
Nicolás Schmitz, Grunecker (Germany)
3:15 pm–4:00 pm Comparing the work and responsibilities of a paralegal in-house and at a law firm
Speaker: Tess Gamon, BMW AG (Germany)
4:00 pm–4:15 pm Question and Answer, Short Break
4:15 pm–4:45 pm Searching the databases at the GPTO and online filing Status of the preparation of online files and filing at the GPTO regarding trademarks and designs
Speaker: Werner Hochmuth, Examiner Trademarks at the GPTO / DPMA, Munich (Germany)
4:45 pm–5:15 pm Freelancing as a Paralegal
Speaker: Vladislav Vyshnevetskyy, Freelance Paralegal (Germany)
5:15 pm–5:45 pm Career Outlook and Further Educational Possibilities and Networking Possibilities via the German online XING-Group “IP-Paralegal-Netzwerk”
Speaker: Yvonne Bender, LBP Karlsruhe (Germany)
5:45 pm–5:50 pm INTA Membership Benefits and Online Tools
Speaker: Alexandra Dellmeier, LexDellmeier IP Law Firm/INTA Member (Germany)
5:50 pm–6:00 pm Question and Answer, Wrap Up
6:30 pm–8:30 pm Special Networking Event
Please note that there will be an off-site networking event from 6:30 pm–8:30 pm, at a separate location near the venue, which is being organized separately from the Roundtable. Registration is limited to those who attend the Roundtable at the Munich Bar Association. You must register for this event online ONLY.
This off-site networking event is free of charge.
We kindly extend special thanks to the sponsors of networking event:
Questions regarding the Roundtable or networking event may be submitted to Alexandra Dellmeier, LexDellmeier IP Law Firm/ INTA Member, Munich, Germany, via phone: 0049 89 5587987 0, or via email, firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also contact INTA directly at email@example.com.
- "Neuschwanstein" is not a trademark!
- 14 June 2013: Munich Patent Law Conference - Calculating Damages in Patent Infringement Cases
- 15 Top Brands - Interactive Brand Rating - Years 2000 - 2018
- 2014: Statistics for Community Trademarks
- 27 June 2014: Munich Patent Law Conference – Burden of Pleading and Proof in Patent Infringement Cases
- 3D-Trademark Protection for layout of Apple Stores
- 40th Anniversary of the European Patent Convention (EPC)
- A case of „Bounty“ hunting in Germany
- A new report on the economic impact of counterfeit trade published by OECD and EUIPO
- Adidas officially earning its stripes