IP Rights and Company Value
The first part of the seminar featuring as speakers Alexandra Dellmeier-Beschorner and Barbara Niemann Fadani of LexDellmeier dealt with the creation of strong IP-rights and global application and registration strategies as well as the new, mainly internet-based infringement problems (e.g. adwords, wild cards etc.) and the latest German and European case law in this regard.
After a pleasant lunch, during which the attendees had the further occasion to discuss various "hot" topics with the speakers, the second part of the day started with an expert insight into the economic evaluation of trademarks. Speaker Johannes Spannagl of BrandNetworks explained in detail how his company has developed its own method of evaluating trademarks that is now recognized within Germany as one of three major evaluation methods.
The last part of the seminar took a close look at the maintenance and the defense of IP-rights covering topics such as monitoring IP rights, defense strategies, coexistence agreements and preliminary injunctions.
The day for the attendees from start-up companies and SME's ended with drinks and further "IP talk" at the cozy “Kaminbar” at the seminar venue.
- "Neuschwanstein" is not a trademark!
- 14 June 2013: Munich Patent Law Conference - Calculating Damages in Patent Infringement Cases
- 15 Top Brands - Interactive Brand Rating - Years 2000 - 2018
- 2014: Statistics for Community Trademarks
- 27 June 2014: Munich Patent Law Conference – Burden of Pleading and Proof in Patent Infringement Cases
- 3D-Trademark Protection for layout of Apple Stores
- 40th Anniversary of the European Patent Convention (EPC)
- A backpack shape as a 3D trademark – a BoA decision of the EUIPO
- A case of „Bounty“ hunting in Germany
- A new report on the economic impact of counterfeit trade published by OECD and EUIPO