Nike and Apple – most counterfeited brands 2013
July 04, 2014
4. Juli 2014 - 12:57
The World Customs Organization (WCO) published the Illicit Report 2013.It includes six chapters, each dedicated to one thematic area: Drugs, Revenue, Intellectual Property Rights, Environment, Security and the Customs Enforcement Network (CEN).For IPR, both an increase of the reporting countries and cases was observed (22,543 cases in 2012 and 24,092 cases in 2013). In 2013 one of the striking features was that more than half of the reported interceptions were illicit pharmaceutical products, followed by counterfeit electronic appliances and illicit foodstuffs – all of which threaten consumer health and safety. It is a dramatic change compared to 2012, where the majority of intercepted commodities were accessories, followed by clothing and pharmaceutical products which came in a third position. According to the report, Nike was the most counterfeit brand, followed by Apple Samsung, Rolex and Louis Vuitton. In China more than 9000 cases of counterfeits were reported, more than in every other country. The United States is the most common destination.
- "Neuschwanstein" is not a trademark!
- 14 June 2013: Munich Patent Law Conference - Calculating Damages in Patent Infringement Cases
- 15 Top Brands - Interactive Brand Rating - Years 2000 - 2018
- 2014: Statistics for Community Trademarks
- 27 June 2014: Munich Patent Law Conference – Burden of Pleading and Proof in Patent Infringement Cases
- 3D-Trademark Protection for layout of Apple Stores
- 40th Anniversary of the European Patent Convention (EPC)
- A backpack shape as a 3D trademark – a BoA decision of the EUIPO
- A case of „Bounty“ hunting in Germany
- A new report on the economic impact of counterfeit trade published by OECD and EUIPO