What do the symbols ™ and ® mean?
™ is the abbreviation of „Trademark“;
® is the abbreviation of „Registered“
In Germany those symbols do not constitute a trademark but a registration is required. The use of these symbols is though only permitted in relation to a registered trademark. Otherwise there is an infringement of Competition Law.
- "Neuschwanstein" is not a trademark!
- 14 June 2013: Munich Patent Law Conference - Calculating Damages in Patent Infringement Cases
- 15 Top Brands - Interactive Brand Rating - Years 2000 - 2018
- 2014: Statistics for Community Trademarks
- 27 June 2014: Munich Patent Law Conference – Burden of Pleading and Proof in Patent Infringement Cases
- 3D-Trademark Protection for layout of Apple Stores
- 40th Anniversary of the European Patent Convention (EPC)
- A case of „Bounty“ hunting in Germany
- A new report on the economic impact of counterfeit trade published by OECD and EUIPO
- Adidas officially earning its stripes