Croatia will join European Union on July 1, 2013 - Community Trademarks & Designs will then cover 28 countries
On July 1, 2013 Croatia, with its approx. 4.5 million inhabitants will become the 28th Member of the European Union (EU). Therefore, the EU will be enlarged for the seventh time since its establishment in the year 1957.
1. Automatic extension of the CTMs and CDs to Croatia (same mechanism as with the previous EU Enlargements in 2004 and 2007).
2. Grandfathering of earlier rights.
3. Exceptional right to opposition:
CTMs filed between January 1 - June 3o, 2013 can be subject to oppositions based on earlier rights in Croatia according to Article 165 Community Trademark Regulation (CTMR).
For more information please be referred to the website of the Office of Harmonization for the Internal Market (OHIM), the responsible office for the application and registration of Community Trademarks and Designs which has posted various information and links concerning the EU Enlargement and Croatia's Accession, including: President's OHIM Communication and the OHIM Manual explaining the Enlargement.
- "Neuschwanstein" is not a trademark!
- 14 June 2013: Munich Patent Law Conference - Calculating Damages in Patent Infringement Cases
- 15 Top Brands - Interactive Brand Rating - Years 2000 - 2018
- 2014: Statistics for Community Trademarks
- 27 June 2014: Munich Patent Law Conference – Burden of Pleading and Proof in Patent Infringement Cases
- 3D-Trademark Protection for layout of Apple Stores
- 40th Anniversary of the European Patent Convention (EPC)
- A case of „Bounty“ hunting in Germany
- A new report on the economic impact of counterfeit trade published by OECD and EUIPO
- Adidas officially earning its stripes