INTA / DPMA Roundtable for Paralgeals on 28 January 2015
- an update from the German Patent and Trademark Office (DPMA) as well as
- the role and challenges of a paralegal working outside your country at another office and how to use this to enhance your career
- the challenges and views on running a trademark portfolio in-house
- what you need to know about preliminary injunction proceedings (PI’s) in trademark cases in Germany
This Roundtable has been developed specifically for and attendance is directed to: Paralegals (Patentanwaltsfachangestellte/r, Rechtsanwaltsfachangestellte/r, Markensachbearbeiter/in), Trademark Administrators (TMAs) Moderators Susanne Ferstl, (TMA), Freelance Paralegal, Munich (Germany) Alexandra Dellmeier, (Attorney at Law), LexDellmeier IP Law Firm, Munich (Germany) Speakers
- Martin Sebele, Trademark Department at the DPMA, Munich (Germany)
- Natalie Oei, Head of Trademark Administration/Paralegal, Noerr LLP, Munich (Germany)
- Christina Maier, Paralegal, Kuhnen & Wacker Patent- und Rechtsanwaltsbüro, Freising (Germany)
- Claudia Meindel, Head of Intellectual Property Department, Euro-Triumph GmbH, Munich (Germany)
- Stephan N. Schneller, Attorney at Law, Maiwald Patentanwalts GmbH, Munich (Germany)
Schedule 12:00 pm: Arrival of the participants and small lunch and snacks 12:30 pm - 12:40 pm: Welcome by Barbara Preißner, Head of the Trademark Department at the DPMA 12:40 pm - 12:50 pm: Introduction of Speakers and Topics by Moderators 12:50 pm - 1:30 pm: Speaker: Martin Sebele, DPMA
- Update from the DPMA – Changes and Update on Classification
1:30 pm - 1:40 pm: Q & A 1:40 pm - 2:20 pm: Speakers: Natalie Oei and Christina Maier, Paralegals
- Paralegal Secondment – working in another office in another country.
- How to prepare when working in another country and cross-cultural differences.
- A “win-win” situation - personal and employer benefits.
2:20 pm – 2:40: Q & A and Short break 2:40 pm - 3:10 pm: Speaker: Claudia Meindel, Head of Intellectual Property Department, Euro-Triumph GmbH
- Trademarks: Legal and Corporate Practice from an in-house counsel’s point of view
3:10 pm - 3:20 pm: Q & A 3:20 pm - 3.50 pm: Speaker: Stephan N. Schneller, Attorney at Law, Maiwald Patentanwalts GmbH, Munich (Germany)
- Preliminary Injunctions (PI’s) in trademark/IP cases in Germany.
- Cease and desist letters, protective briefs and what else you need to know as a paralegal.
3:50 pm - 4:00 pm: Q & A and Wrap up 4:00 pm: End of event Registration and Information There is no registration fee for this roundtable / mini seminar. Small lunch/snacks are included. Please register by Wednesday, January 20, 2016 via the INTA website at: http://www.inta.org/Calendar/Pages/2016-MiniSeminar-in-Munich.aspx Have a questions or cannot register? Contact TMA Committee Member Alexandra Dellmeier at LexDellmeier IP Law Firm - Munich – Germany, Tel: 0049 89 5587987 0 or email to:
Location German Patent and Trademark Office (DPMA) Zweibrueckenstrasse 12 80331 Munich - GERMANY Room: 1006
- "Neuschwanstein" is not a trademark!
- 14 June 2013: Munich Patent Law Conference - Calculating Damages in Patent Infringement Cases
- 15 Top Brands - Interactive Brand Rating - Years 2000 - 2018
- 2014: Statistics for Community Trademarks
- 27 June 2014: Munich Patent Law Conference – Burden of Pleading and Proof in Patent Infringement Cases
- 3D-Trademark Protection for layout of Apple Stores
- 40th Anniversary of the European Patent Convention (EPC)
- A case of „Bounty“ hunting in Germany
- A new report on the economic impact of counterfeit trade published by OECD and EUIPO
- Adidas officially earning its stripes