IP5 - the five largest IP Offices - receive nearly 2 million patent applications
On 22 May 2013 the five largest IP Offices around the world known as "IP5" just published their data on the 2012 patent applications. Members of IP5 are:
1. the European Patent Office (EPO),
2. the Japan Patent Office (JPO),
3. the Korean Intellectual Property Office (KIPO)
4. the State Intellectual Property Office of the People's Republic of China (SIPO),
5. the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO).
Almost 1.98 million patent applications were filed at the world's five largest patent offices in 2012 according to the preliminary statistics. Compared to 2011 that is an increase of 10.5%.
The full report will be available later in the year 2013. However, the preliminary IP5 Report has been published and can be found under the following IP5 Report Link.
- "Neuschwanstein" is not a trademark!
- 14 June 2013: Munich Patent Law Conference - Calculating Damages in Patent Infringement Cases
- 15 Top Brands - Interactive Brand Rating - Years 2000 - 2018
- 2014: Statistics for Community Trademarks
- 27 June 2014: Munich Patent Law Conference – Burden of Pleading and Proof in Patent Infringement Cases
- 3D-Trademark Protection for layout of Apple Stores
- 40th Anniversary of the European Patent Convention (EPC)
- A backpack shape as a 3D trademark – a BoA decision of the EUIPO
- A case of „Bounty“ hunting in Germany
- A new report on the economic impact of counterfeit trade published by OECD and EUIPO