WIPO publishes new version of Nice Classification for the year 2019
On 15 August 2018, the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) published its Information Notice No. 12/2018. In this Notice, WIPO released a new version of the 11th edition of the International Classification of Goods and Services for the Purposes of the Registration of Marks (Nice Classification) that will enter into force on 1 January 2019.
The new version “NCL (11-2019)” is going to be applied by the International Bureau of WIPO to any international registration that fulfills following requirements:
- “The application for an international registration is received by the Office of Origin on or after 1 January 2019”, or
- “The application for international registration is received by the International Bureau of WIPO on or after 1 January 2019, when the said application is received by the International Bureau of WIPO after the two-month time limit referred to in Article 3 (4) of the Protocol Relating to the Madrid Agreement Concerning the International Registration of Marks".
- "Neuschwanstein" is not a trademark!
- 1 December 2017: Madrid Monitor takes its place as the one and only tool for tracking international trademarks
- 100th Anniversary of Bavaria (Germany) - A glance at trademarks, start-ups, innovation & events
- 10th Anniversary Edition - 10 Things to Know about LexDellmeier - Past, Present & Future
- 14 June 2013: Munich Patent Law Conference - Calculating Damages in Patent Infringement Cases
- 15 Top Brands - Interactive Brand Rating - Years 2000 - 2018
- 2014: Statistics for Community Trademarks
- 27 June 2014: Munich Patent Law Conference – Burden of Pleading and Proof in Patent Infringement Cases
- 3D-Trademark Protection for layout of Apple Stores
- 40th Anniversary of the European Patent Convention (EPC)